Monday, June 30, 2008

"Meet the Ump "


By MISTERTRENDY
Blog on the Run columnist

So, welcome to the first installment of trendy’s weekly column. My assignment according to Art McGregor: politics, the Court, and pretty much anything else that most people don’t care about.

Anyhow, what a week for the Supremes! As AMG has lamented on GVM, Justice Kennedy has been on a terrorist/child rapist kick lately. At least the Court said the 2nd Amendment actually exists. Too many times, the Court just arbitrarily ignores Amendments (see, e.g., the 10th Amendment, the most dissed Amendment ever). This time, the Court got it right, thanks to my boy Scalia.

Anyhow, enough of that. Here’s something I know no one will care about: Chuck Todd was on "Meet the Press" today. It wasn’t like he was on a panel of journalists or anything. It was just “Chuck Todd – Political Director, NBC News” as one of the featured “guests” on NBC. That’d be like Glimmer being a featured guest at McGinley’s place. Or perhaps two Miller Lites as featured “guests” of AMG’s hands on a Friday night. Makes no sense.

Well, it’s sad that Russert is gone from "Meet the Press," despite his liberal slant. I think The Godfather should take his place as host. He would be sufficiently knowledgeable and would add a jovial and entertaining twist to the drab that is Sunday morning talk. I even think he could be better than that John Fortney guy on ONN that never blinks. I can see it now - The Godfather would do umpire signals to react to guests’ answers. For example, when asking Obama “why did you abandon Rev. Wright?” and upon receiving BHO’s response of “he and I didn’t see eye-to-eye anymore,” the Godfather would respond with the classic foul-tip-into-the-catcher’s-glove-for-strike-three signal with a thunderous “he’s out!” Obama would just chuckle.

"Meet the Press" would be renamed “Meet the Ump.”

Anyhow, I know this post doesn’t make any sense, but I hope to do better if kept on the staff here at Blog on the Run. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna get me a Scalia tat.

-the truth