Tuesday, August 12, 2008

SWM seeking Slush Puppie machine



(Notice what flavor he's drinking. Yeah bitches.)

  • Maybe the Tribe's just in the wrong division. With a win against Baltimore last night, the Indians improved to 16-8 against the AL East this season. Or maybe they just suck. Probably the latter. Regardless, a fun game to follow last night and anytime your favorite team wins - no matter how bad they are - it feels good.


  • Spent another evening in Newark writing for the Cape Cod Times last night. Enjoyed the game. It's pretty good baseball (16-18 year olds) and it WAS a perfect night for baseball. That's something the old timers in the press box must have said 431 times.

    My favorite press box story from the past few years took place at Marion-Franklin High School here in Columbus. It ain't exactly the nicest facility, it was about 200 degrees inside (and cold and rainy outside), there were flies all over the place and the windows kept fogging up. Thank God The Godfather joined me. Also, the field was so muddy that you couldn't see the numbers on any of the players jerseys.


  • Got this text from the Truth last night:

    "sat..qfm 96 Ohio best rack competition 8-10!!"
    I think I can, I think I can.

  • Had a Slush Puppie at the game. For a $1.50, you can't beat it. At some point in my life, I wil have a Slush Puppie machine in my house. I'd only need one flavor. Cherry. Sometimes I may mix it up with an orange (flavor, not the fruit) but 90 percent I'm rocking the red tongue.


  • Watched the Olympics with Miss July. She moves on Thursday morning. Who's moving in? Well ... and I'm not making this up ... likely it will be a character in the upcoming "Lion King" at the Ohio Theatre.

    Sounds about right.


  • - Compiled by Art McGregor

    No comments: