Tuesday, July 8, 2008

5:44 a.m.



  • Fell asleep sometime around 7:15 p.m. last night, only to wake up at 12:30 a.m. and then again at 4:30 a.m. That's the extent of it. Gave up trying to fall back asleep about 20 minutes ago. Should make for a long day. The sun's not up yet and that surprises me. I woulda guessed we had sunshine around 5:15 a.m. in July. Apparently not.


  • July's been great thus far but I'd really like to take a free pass on this month. If it was 28 or 30 days, that'd be a lot better. The three remaining weekends look OK, aside from a 14-hour round-trip affair to Virginia for a one-day wedding. I know. Weddings don't normally last two days. (NOT familiar with all religions.) But it's one of those, "leaving Saturday morning, skipping the ceremony, coming back Sunday morning." That's great for weddings in Cincinnati or Toledo, but Fredericksburg, Va.?


  • I dislike a lot of things. If you're thinking of something right now, I probably dislike it. But, I do like two things that a lot of people have problems with: Jim Rome and Rush Limbaugh. I think Rome is the funniest sports personality out there and I could listen to him six hours a day. I just don't like his callers. The other guy I like a lot is Rush Limbaugh. Incredibly entertaining and spot-on about a number of things. The way he needles the media is amazing. After working in the media for a number of years, I can honestly say the guy is 100 percent correct. I always will remember watching Election 2004 in a "non-partisan" newsroom and 11 of the 12 people in there openly rooting for Kerry. Quote of the night? "We can still win Arkansas." To this day, it's the most depressed setting I've ever experienced. And I've been to a lot of funerals. And Cleveland Browns games.

    (UPDATE: Light is visible at 5:44 a.m.)

    Great article on Limbaugh
    in Sunday's New York Times magazine.

    Noteworthy the quote about feminism:

    "Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."


    Though I do have to disagree with the guy. Condoms work - school year or not.

    - Compiled by Art McGregor
  • No comments: