Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Phone calls are so '90s

Just got off the phone with The Sports Writer. He's in Maumee, Ohio right now and heading down here to heckle former school mates "Pole and Tee R at softball." He probably won't do that but he's getting into town around 8 p.m. Thursday. He lost his cell phone in Lake Michigan over the weekend and we've since had to actually talk on the phone which is so gayness anymore.

He dropped these doozies:

On former girlfriend going through a tough time:

"I was nice. I was helping her through it. Mostly I was just distancing myself."

On TV reporters:

"That's the thing about TV reporters. They're all incredibly insecure. It's great. Got myself an Asian. They're all mostly minorities, too. Cross that off the list. I didn't lay down as much pipe as I should have but I got out of there without chlamydia."

- From the desk of Art McGregor

No comments: